Thursday, January 10, 2008

Freeware of Graphics for Mac

When it comes to graphical works, most software are asking for a price that is over a home user's budget. Especially when we are just using one or two features for as few as couple of times, such as fix the device image in iSync, USD$29.99 is never our choice. Searching for the right and free-of-charge software is not easy. So, I put up some search results I had.

Image Tricks by BeLight Software. BeLight has more freeware offer that you might interested in.

GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) by GIMP. However, I cannot get GIMP working on Leopard. I've installed the latest version and when I try to do erasing on a layer to make it transparent, GIMP crashed.

LiveQuartz by Rhapsoft is my recommendation. The UI is much simpler than that of GIMP. It is easy to use and it is free. It allows me to fix the transparent icon without reading any documents or manual. Unlike GIMP which need X11, this one is native in the system. It is a must have for Mac users.

For those who miss the simplicity of Paint or Brush come with all Windows OS, Paintbrush is for you.

No comments: