Thursday, June 12, 2008

Indeo Codec

I've some video clips captured by a Logitech Webcam 8 years ago. The video clips has an extension of AVI and no longer able to play back in Mac OS X Leopard. I don't quite remember if it can be play on Mac OS X Tiger. The codec they used is unknown. QuickTime just complains a missing codec without any useful information. I tried to play back the video on XP with Windows Media Player. There pops up a dialog saying it requires Indeo Codec.

Okay, so, let's download the Indeo Codec, from official website? Check this out: http://www.ligos.com/index.php/home/products/indeo/. And it said: "Ligos Indeo Software® Codecs for Windows - $14.95". What!? That definitly does not worth my money to just play back 10 clips. After some googling, here you can Download Ligos Indeo Codec 5.11 for free. Yes, since 5.12 they charge, and all we need is the older version.

It is time to convert the video to some common or widely used format that will not have licensing issue in future (at least no one would change the license to a pay-license mode), such as MPG-2 or QuickTime.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Pang, Have you solved the problem of you EPL-5900L not printing on your mac?

I have an EPL-5900 and I'm trying to print from Tiger (10.4.11), and nothing is happening at all, even though it prints fine from XP. I've downloaded the driver from Epson and spent half an hour on the phone with the Epson help, he seems to think it's a mac problem, but mac won't help me as I bought it on ebay and it's past the 90-day period.

It's a power PC, and I tried following your link to the UK site (even though it was for an intel) just to see what was there, but the page couldn't be found. If you have any pointers at all, I'd appreciate it! Any follow up comments will go to my email.

Thanks, Zoe

pang said...

I can print to EPL-5900L when I use Tiger but not in Leopard.

I still have the drivers which works when I'm using Tiger. Leave me your e-mail and I can mail to you later.

pang said...

BTW, it's abit strange to see your comment about printer here, where the post is not able printer.

Unknown said...

Yeah, that'd be great, thanks! It's worth a try, even though yours is an EPL-5900L and mine is sans L.

Haha yeah, I posted here as, funnily enough, there was no option to comment on your entry about the printer :)

Send it to zoecebule@hotmail.com

... and I'll cross my fingers ;) !

Appreciate your help,
Zoe

pang said...

I got two DMG file. both around 40 MB. Your mail box should able to receive 80MB but I need to split it into 12 pieces before I can mail to you. Please wait one - two days.

pang said...

Mailed the links to your hotmail. Check it. Good luck